Saturday, January 2, 2010




A recap of 2009...


~Kenzi and I took a trip across country with my BF Jody and her family (wonderful husband Daren, dog Kelly and two kitties). They moved to Arkansas for a new chapter/adventure in their lives.


~Kenzi is starting to change a lot. She's at an inbetween stage. You can tell she's growing up but still wants to be the little girl that she is. She just started wearing skinny jeans this week. She's starting to like the bright neon colors (sounds oddly familiar as the 80's). :) She just got her first build a bear so there's some little girl still left in her. Of course the monkey she picked out does have it's undies hanging out and has cool shades, etc. It is a pretty "cool" looking monkey. lol. She's starting to try new things. It takes her a long time to try something new. After over a year of swim lessons she finally jumped off of the swim block and swung from the rope on the side of the pool. She was shocked at how fun it actually was. Gee...I believe mom has been telling her that for a long time. haha.


















~A full year in the new position at work. Love getting to know a new job and all the peeps in the different divisions. Of course it's been challenging learning everything and I'm ALWAYS busy...but it's been great! Hope that 2010 will turn it into a perminant position for me (keep your fingers crossed).

~Went white water rafting this year! That was a blast!!! I can't wait to try a trip with even bigger waves! Woohooo!!!!



~This year has not been my typical year. Besides the trip to Arkansas, we didn't have many trips or adventures to speak of. Not that's popping up in my head anyways. I didn't mark things off my bucket list (and didn't do anything remarkable (in my personal life that is...at work I had a ton of changes and a lot of accomplishments).

My hope is that in 2010 I focus on positive changes for Kenzi and I. I would like to spend more quality time with her. Being in the moment and not thinking about what else needs to be done. I want her to remember her childhood and picture me being actively involved with her. Not just being the provider. I would also like to mark at least 3 things off my bucket list this year. :)
I wish everyone a fabulous 2010 filled with amazing adventures and happy memories! Muahhhh!

2 comments:

  1. You'll do better than marking 3 things off. You'll mark the 3 things off and then think.."Umm...I can do another? I have a spare 20 min.?"
    I admire your determination in everything you do girl. You do everything you set your mind too and alot of people could learn from you.
    Daren and I are learning to live for Today. it's different...but It's nice. I like it.

    At least with Kenzi hopefuul noone will ever be a bad influence on her and get her to try "new and bad things"....she don't like changes! Phew!
    I miss you and thank you for coming out this way with us.
    We still laugh at Kenzi whenever we go into Buffalo Wild Wings...I love her laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, Leslie!

    Truth be told, I haven't scrapped much/if at all since Jod left, we need to get the girls together, get Jody going at her house, and webcam... so we can crop like the old days.

    :)

    miss your face.

    sending you a hug!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Most importantly, I'm a mom to a beautiful, sweet little nine year old girl named Makenzi. We call her Kenzi. She is my life and what I work so hard for. I've always been a very busy person. I work hard and try to play just as hard. I love adventure and exploring new places. My dream job would somehow involve traveling the world. I'm a mom, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, niece and friend. I love my family and friends and would do almost anything for them.