Friday, July 3, 2009

2nd Day Idaho/Utah/Wyoming/Colorado









It's our 2nd day on the road across country (6-26-09). We got on the road around 7am and drove through 4 states today, staying on the interstate most of the time.



This was the view of most of UTAH. Not much there. Okay...that's not fair. Not much of a view from I-80 or I-84. Daren was having a hard time staying awake on this stretch too. Jody and Kenzi basically slept through Utah.













Wyoming was a little prettier. At least there was some rocks to look at. :) It was actually nice to finally see something.

Today seemed much harder for me to stay awake. I discovered energy drinks yesterday. I got my wings with Red Bull! That stuff really works but it tastes HORRIBLE!!! Kenzi kept laughing at me because of the horrible face I would make after taking a sip. Ugh...nasty. It did the trick though. But today.... nothing worked. I tried a Red Bull and nothing...still too tired. After lunch a Little America Jody offered to drive...so I stole Jo from Daren. She ended up driving the rest of the way. Thank you Jody! (and Daren for letting me steal her). I don't know how much sleep I actually got because we kept talking. lol.....I know...what a shock. :) I did finally get a couple of broken hours. It felt great to get a nap in. This was a cute little dinasour at a gas station. We all did the touristy thing and stood by it for pics.
There were Purple Heart Trail signs along the highway. I haven't had a chance to look into how far the trail goes yet, but intend to. It's pretty cool they've done that for our Veterans. We need to support our troops and Veterans as much possible. TR: Kenzi had fun hanging out with Kelly at all the rest areas. Kelly is such a sweetheart. It's going to be hard saying goodbye to her too. :( R: See....there are pretty rocks in Wyoming. It may not seem like a big deal to others, but this was cool to me. I've always seen this in pics, but never in person. It was very pretty. L: At one of the rest stops we found this fire hydrant in the middle of a rock lawn (is that an actual thing)? Anyways...it looked like it was sinking in quick sand. Kenzi was trying to push it into the ground....push Kenz...push!


Check out these folks below. We met them at the rest area in Wyoming. They are traveling across country by bike to raise money for Alzheimers. They left Seattle 3 weeks ago and are cycling all the way to Viginia. You can read about their journey at http://www.theunforgettable.journey.org/.







We ended today in Colorado Springs CO. It is so beautiful there and colorful...just like the sign says. :) It was like they drew I line in the sand. As soon as we drove over the state line it was green and beautiful. I guess Colorado can afford trees. :) Our dear friend Nicky lives in Colorado Springs. Unfortunately we didn't get into town and to dinner until 9:30pm. Too late to call her and have their family join us. It's too bad. We hardly ever get to see each other. It would have been nice to catch up.

I love this pic of Jody and Kelly looking at each other. It looks like they are talking to each other. No words needed.

The other pics are all of us at Applebees for dinner. Jody and I had our favorite Oriental Chicken Salad. So so yummy!!! mmmmm. Our hotel tonight had WiFi so Jody and I got to blog a bit while Daren caught up on his zzzzs. Poor guy was tired.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Most importantly, I'm a mom to a beautiful, sweet little nine year old girl named Makenzi. We call her Kenzi. She is my life and what I work so hard for. I've always been a very busy person. I work hard and try to play just as hard. I love adventure and exploring new places. My dream job would somehow involve traveling the world. I'm a mom, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, niece and friend. I love my family and friends and would do almost anything for them.