
This actually happened last night. Kenzi stepped on the trailer and her foot slipped. Poor thing gouged her leg in two spots. The darn thing wouldn't stop bleeding. It went through the bandaide and ALL over the bed. I'm sure the cleaning ladies were pretty curious what happened in that room.

Jody tried the ol "the quicker you rip it, the less it hurts" trick and ripped the bandaide off. Kenzi was not happy with either one of us "taking care" of her. lol. She said neither one of us was allowed to help her take off bandaides anymore.

There was two of these little guys outside of our hotel. They were so cute. Apparently there were also 6 deer with big ol horns and everything right behind our jeep. Daren and I both walked up to the jeep, opened the door, put a suitcase in the jeep and walked away and do you think we saw the deer??? The deer just a few feet away from us??? Six of them???? With big ol horns??? Uhhhh....nope! I walked away and went back to the hotel room. Daren noticed a guy looking at something behind the jeep and went to look at what the guy was looking at and couldn't believe his eyes! Apparently they were there the whole time we were there. NICE!!! My only excuse....I'm not a morning person! Obviously. I can't believe we didn't see them! Anyways... moving on.

Apparently sometime during our drive the day before we lost a dust cover on the trailer. We stopped and got one at an auto shop. Daren and Jody are working on it together. I was a big help by taking pictures of their every move. :) I even got pics of them digging through the garbage when they had to go after the first box they threw away when the first cover they bought didn't work. :) I would've posted that one, but you can't tell it's a garbage can. Aw well. About an hour later we were back on the road. As Jody said, "Everything happens for a reason. As you'll see later this is true."

Kenzi hanging out and ready to go. She's been a great sport through the whole trip!

Kelly joined us in the jeep today. It was getting way too hot for her to be in the back of the truck. Kenzi and I enjoyed having another companion for the trip. This was her resting her head on the handle while she slept. So cute.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAREN!!!!! Not much of a birthday present, but I had to give the birthday boy something. So here he is with his pound of Beef Jerky from a truck stop along the way. :) Such a great guy!!! I'm so happy Jody and Daren found each other.

And we're now in New Mexico.

This was the prettiest photo I could get in New Mexico. It was just about on the border between Colorado and NM.

Kenzi and I hanging out in the car. Nothing significant to tell you here. :) lol

I took a picture of this point of interest sign in New Mexico to point out to Jody that they do have points of interests here. She made a comment in Wyoming (I think) that there were no view points or points of interests along the interstate. What was funny about this comment is that we were passing one at that very moment. lol. She's like, "Well, I saw a guy snapping a picture on the side of the road back there..." "Yeah, that would be the place." :) hahaha

Las Vegas New Mexico!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!! NOT! We stopped here for lunch.

Wasn't quite the same as the REAL Vegas.

Shortly after getting into Texas we noticed a storm brewing to the South (or as I would say to the right). I had to teach Daren how to speak my language. :) I told him girls don't really describe directions by NSEW. We describe it by right, left, etc. Go to Target and take a right, turn left at the third light (you'll see a Jack in the Box), etc. Kenzi was like, "what"? When I explained it she thought it was pretty funny.

Anyways...a storm did end up coming in. Daren was pulling the trailer and was getting pushed all over the road by the wind. He was starting to get tuckered out. We decided to cut the trip short and stop in Amarillo Texas (drove about 500 miles today). We stayed in the beautiful Country Inn. It was sooo nice there. Loved it!!! We went to a buffet that night where we ate way too much. A couple of the ladies that helped us there were so nice, but when they smiled they had several teeth missing. I only saw two teeth in one lady's mouth (Kenzi says there were four). Either way....not too handy. I think somebody needs to make a trip to the dentist.

This was in the lobby of the hotel....so so pretty. Good thing we cut the trip short. As we were all sitting in the hotel room watching the news they showed I-40 flooded and shut down a few miles up the road. It wouldn't have been fun driving through it. Although it was fun watching the lightening storm through the window of the hotel room. :)

Kenzi took this pic of the whole family. Daren, Kelly, Brooke and Slots were out. Jody was faking. She was playing on her computer...trying to figure out how to use facebook. She's all set up now and ready to chat with the world. :)
Faking!? Okay...I was. But I WAS tired...ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz Ha! Ha!
ReplyDeleteYa know... we REALLY ought to get together and crop again soon... what does your aug/sept calendar look like?
ReplyDelete